20210410_190944
20210410_190953
20210410_190910

Southworth Pump

No castings were harmed in the construction of this pump

20210421_151817
20210410_190854
20210410_191028
20210410_190928
20210410_191021
20210403_120435
Having a few blocks of bronze in my armoury, I determined to have a go at making the pump without the use of castings.
20210326_103306
I cut slices from the round bar and silver soldered a spigot to the rear, so that they could be held in the lathe chuck. Three of these provided the base and the two cover castings. It was recommended to me that the pump would be more robust with a third pillar between the steam cylinder and pump and the round slices provided the scope to do this.
20210328_164033
Those tiny fiddly steam valves!
20210331_192251
Equally fiddly glands. Glued together as a pair.
20210403_120118
The complete set of parts. I found an old Kennions cover casting, that was too good not to use.
20210403_120001
The bronze parts
20210403_120111
The stainless steel parts
20210407_154158
It is easier to set the timing and get the engine running, before attaching the pump.
20210407_154205

Pump tested under steam.